Saturday, February 14, 2015

Humor Helps

Before you begin reading this blog, I want you to watch this video:

http://youtu.be/zak5Aq1m_xg


What do you think?
Did you laugh?
Were you questioning yourself about if it's ok to laugh at this joke?

Well, in my opinion, it was hilarious because it's so true. I totally laughed my butt off at this joke and I didn't think twice about whether I should have been laughing or not!

Now there might be a difference between you and I. I have a disability and you might not.

But that still shouldn't take away from the fact that this was funny.

See humor helps in a lot of ways.

If you have a disability, humor is one of the top coping skills used to make someone feel better.
If you don't have a disability, humor can not only make light of a serious situation, but it can also influence a person's attitude and thoughts toward a disability and toward someone who has a disability.

I know for a fact that I love laughing, making people laugh, and just making a dark situation, somewhat lighter.

Humor does that!

Seeing people with disabilities able to not only make fun of themselves, but making fun of people that make fun of them, it's just an awesome outlook to me.

While not everyone with a disability feels this way, research does show that humor is a great coping skill.

You just have to be able to smile and laugh :)



Here are two funny videos that I suggest you watch! They even have a whole "Comedians with Disabilities Tour" that travels around the country! Check them out!

http://youtu.be/XBWlgRf6FL4?list=FLXYdkcx30DCwuatxBnyS6hA

http://youtu.be/lLkX0ybNn6Q?list=FLXYdkcx30DCwuatxBnyS6hA


No comments:

Post a Comment